Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Morning mourning

It’s 4 in the afternoon. I’m rubbing my sleepy lids and my lenses are drooping with a jarring heaviness about them. I’m cursing myself for leaving the balcony door ajar before I plunged into bed last night. The morning rays trickled in, at an unearthly hour, woke me up and made me squint at my surroundings. I muttered something under my breath, pushed aside the cozy quilt and did a zombie walk to the troublemaker door to bang it shut.
Why did God make mornings, I wonder. Why couldn’t there be a long, sleepy night, which unfolds into a bright and lazy afternoon? I’ve asked HIM this question on countless occasions – when my school rickshawalla would sound that nagging, hissing-cum-buzzing, horn, and I would rush down, breakfast in one hand, and a couple of books in the other; or then, the time when I was handed the college timetable – First Lecture – 7 am. Have they lost it, I cursed. And, I thought college was supposed to be fun. HMPH. ‘Fun at 7 am’ – that falls into the ‘impossible’ slot in my list. Then, came work, and I remember my boss laughingly handing me an assignment for 8 am, knowing just how much I abhor waking up early. How do I work if my mind’s still tucked in snugly under the quilt?
I’m just not a morning person. If you ask me what’s more beautiful – sunrise or sunset, I’d jump onto the second. Of course, it’s a different issue that I don’t remember seeing sunrise :P…!
But, seriously, evenings and nights are so much prettier. The pluses - I get off work in the evening, enjoy a sumptuous dinner at home or at a favourite restaurant, head to a nightspot or drive around, and then cuddle up with my doggie and sleep. Perfect, no?
Mornings, on the other hand, always bring a picture of being dragged out of bed, picking a set of boring clothes to wear to work, and then driving through the mad traffic to reach office. It’s not that I don’t like work – I wouldn’t be doin it if I didn’t love it – it’s just that lazing around in bed scores a one-up on that!
It’s 4.45 pm now. I’ve dozed off in bits and pieces while writing this. Had it not been for the blasted mornings, I would have keyboarded a more positive piece…
Gawd, I hate them early mornings.

3 comments:

Teardrops And Rain... said...

well done nups..

:)

really like this.. will keep it in my bookmarks..


good luck with the blog..

yours:
ruchita

Sonia Jaisin said...

Very Nice!!!!! Who likes early morning?? even i think that the evening and nights are more interesting and misterious!!!! .........but life's like that.. we have to wake up early!! but saturday sundays i try sleepin as a baby...... love sleeeeeeeeepingggggggg zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.