Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Men

Men.
I’ve cursed them. I’ve been through the ‘anti-men’ stage a zillion times. I’ve promised to never look at another guy in my life. I’ve sworn that I don’t need those scum-bags. I’ve criticized the balding ones, I’ve chuckled at Mr Smarty Pants, I’ve jeered at the shy Mamma’s boy, I’ve hauled the typical MCP, and I’ve grown out of love with the leashed puppy ones. Heck. I’ve even wished them all away.
But mind you, that’s just the immediately-after-a-heartbreak phase. Of course, even now, that I am blissfully in love with a man, I do tsk-tsk at my married sisters, wondering how they can put up with that same face for each passing day. The one sister who I’m more vocal with even tsk-tsks at herself. I don’t want to venture into all that I hold against married life (I’ve begun developing cold feet just thinking of the institution), but I must re-ask – One man for your entire life, or till the contract ends, due to natural or well, natural causes?
I like the phrase ‘It’s raining men’, though, I swear (and I hardly lie), that I can’t handle more than one man at a time. But, just the thought of men (cute, sturdy, sexy ones – one can be choosy in dreams!) rolling off the roof, plonking on to the car bonnet, landing on the terrace, makes my eyes twinkle. The other day, my msg on gmail read ‘It’s raining men. Hallelujiah’. My sister sighed from Bangalore – ‘Why can’t I see any droppings?’
It made for a good laugh.
I’d like to make it clear here, like I have before, that I’m in no mood or need to juggle men. I have my man, we’re happy (most of the time) and sometimes I find myself dreamily wishing away that we spend a ‘happily-ever-after’ life together…just him, for life…
... Gosh, we women, I tell you, can get as confusing and contradictory as no man ever can…! It’s that ruling factor called ‘men’ I think, that does it to us ;)

3 comments:

debe said...

You are so very true..I truth is we just cant live without these monsters and its a pain living without them..anywaz kool thing to read..keep it up

Unknown said...

Women - forever confused !

Sonia Jaisin said...

men.....i still dont understand most of them..and i think certainly that man are from mars and women from venus.. thanks to this fantastic book im starting to understand them a bit more better... seriously.. but i admit that.. I love Men!!! life without them wud be so so boring:P