Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Good v/s bad

Death is a denouement of life…
All the pain, all the joy,
All the troubles and strife,
Trickle away into a seemingly insignificant and faraway land,
The tears dry up,
The laughs don’t echo back anymore…
What remains is a flashing motion picture of deeds done, and undone,
Of the people hurt by harsh words and acts,
Of the cherished ones loved unconditionally and conditionally,
Of the proud pat-on-the-back moments,
Of the flushed-with-embarrassment times,
Of what He expected of us, and what we did instead…

Life is an opportunity that He gives us, to prove how worthy we are of that thing called heavenly bliss. How worthy we are of life itself…
This isn’t a disquisition on ‘A Good Life’, nor is it some preachy piece on the same subject. It’s just certain constantly-nibbling-at-the-back-of-my-mind thoughts that I’m penning down.
A week back, I think, I was in a rather bitchy mood, and was crankily cribbing to my aunt and gran about how hopelessly conscienceless some people could be. My aunt frowned at my thoughts, and said, “By talking about them, and their ways, you’re taking some of their karma onto yourself. Leave them to do as they please, for some are unchangeable.” ‘Unchangeable’, why? I asked myself…
I’ve discovered in these few years that I’ve lived, that there are only two choices in every situation – right and wrong. It never is the case that we are too blinded to see the difference…The truth of the matter is we’re too afraid of admitting our wrongs, and accepting another’s rights…and I speak out of experience.
I’ve not lived a 100 per cent righteous life – I’ve blundered, I’ve caused pain, I’ve bitched, I’ve lied – but everytime I did so, I’ve slept a distured sleep…I would try to coax myself that it’s that bitch who did this, and that b@$t@rd who did that, but Conscience is one stubborn ass…Yes, he won’t ever let me win an argument…
I’m not saying we should live a saint’s life – that’s humanly difficult (I won’t say ‘impossible’). What I’m saying is that I try my level best (well, sometimes, the level falls) to choose the right over wrong…And, everytime I do so – everytime I say sorry, everytime I make someone smile, everytime I make up with some strained relation - I sleep like a log. It’s been on the rise ever since these thoughts have been softly echoing in my mind! Yup, the dark circles are slowly fading into the oblivion, the twisting and turning has almost reached a Zero, and the battles with my conscience, they’re a thing of the past (almost). That all-knowing righteous bugger (Conscience) can no longer boast of wins and triumphs…:-)
It feels good, and feels better to know, that while the knell of the parting day drums slowly forth, I would be able to face Him when He will hopefully say, “I gave you chances aplenty, and I must admit, you did me proud…”
For, death is the denouement of life…
Ego, that ‘I’ within us, which brings selfishness, anger, hate, enmity and negativity to the forefront, will be a losing force. What will emerge winner, is the good you’ve made of your gift called Life…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brilliant ... as always....I really like the fact that u can pen down ur thots so well on a rainbow of subjects....Gr8 work...Its this kinda work which makes me soooo proud of u!!!!