Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2007

A drink, girls?

When love fails,
Emotions work.
When emotions fail,
Memories work.
When memories fail,
Words work.
When words fail,
Tears work.
When EVERYTHING fails,
90 ml Vodka works

There’s a big grin pasted across my face even as I write this! The love-shove, tears-vears don’t rouse my interest. It’s that sparkling drink, swishing and swirling, almost making its way up to the rounded edge of the shot glass that’s caught the attention of my senses. And, to think I write this while at work ;).
Now, I ain’t an alcoholic…haven’t gotten there yet, and doubt I will (my mum would freak, my dad would give a disapproving nod, my brother…well, actually doesn’t really matter what he says), but I have no qualms admitting that ‘hey, I dig drinking’. Dad does too. It’s in my genes, and there’s nothing to do about it (Now).
My point is not that ‘drinking’ is still in the bracket of ‘Oh-you-drink-?-it’s-not-good’, nor is my point that at office, some raise an eyebrow, or pass a behind-the-back comment if I partake in a ‘drinking’ convo with a fellow colleague, nor is my point that there are still some daft chauvinistic men out there, who, with a drink in one hand, point at your glass of wine or vodka shot, and murmur – ‘I want a girl who doesn’t drink, blah, blah, blah’. Well, boy, the girl should want you! But, even that is not my point.
My point is that I love that tingling taste of vodka. It’s even better with red bull. There’s nothing to beat a sweet-sour white wine too. Tequila makes me sick :(, and the fad of flaming shots seems to shoot to the head, rather than gurgle down the throat. A breezer, ah, well, you’ll laugh, but that was my first ever drink. The first love. Can go on the backburner, but can never die out. There’s good ol’ dark rum and coke too. It’s cheap, and makes me smack my lips, so, it stays in the ‘like’ list. Beer and whisky are in the ‘No like’ list. Haven’t yet acquired the taste, and am in no hurry to do so. I’ve never tasted tharra, so I wouldn’t give myself the authority to comment on that one :P!
A friend asked me a while back, during a very random conversation – ‘Do you drink everyday?’ ‘No, maybe twice a month on a night-out,’ I answered honestly. ‘Ok…Do you drink for the high or for the taste?’ My pat reply was – ‘The taste…I love, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada…’ He smiled – ‘Then, you’re never quitting drinking, woman.’ We moved on to other topics.
That apart, there’s no denying the fact that when the boyfriend and I argue, my ‘lurve’ for the taste of vodka shoots up! And, this revelation brings me back to that SMS that made me grin – ‘…When EVERYHING fails, 90 ml VODKA works.’ I can surely stand by as guarantor of that experienced fact! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Shows vodka rules ur life :)

Like that wonly! said...

Maan, how can anybody not like a girl who drinks? Like it can better than having an argument and than making up with your girl over drinks ;-)
And who are these 'daft, chauvinistic' men with drinks in their hands... point them out to me. Their breed needs to like totally die out with them.
And cheap rum and coke... just the memory tastes like college...(if jerry maguire will allow it)

Sonia Jaisin said...

Nuppy i cant beleive it! see na we are two twins! even i love vodka-redbull!! and i cant stand tekila hate it!! even i hate sambuka shot, i love bacardy breeze .. and rum with cola..... give me a hi5!!!!! .. as every man drink when they party even women drink too.. theres nothing wrong in that.. and only one thing...... I drink more for the high than for the taste.. to be honest.. i dont like much the taste of alcohol.. but when im "high" and on that funny mood.. i enjoy the most!! I started being myself without complex.. if i have to tell someone that i love him (friends whoever) i tell them, if i want to hug a friend i do it, if i have to tell someone how good they are I tell them, Infact i think people love me in the Nights.. when im high and be Myself..... without thinkin what others think about what ill say or wat ill do......and beleive me.. I enjoy as anyone!!!!

Wait 4me and reserve me my vodka redbull.. we will rock d nite!!:)