Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mom, I tell you...!

My pretty Ma (below); (top) me, mom n bro


MOM
“Gawd, what does she want now?’ I groan, whenever mom calls out to me. ‘Yaaaah’, I shout back, exasperated.
So what if she called me to take my medicines.
In other situations, when I’m back from work, I yell back, ‘Don’t you understand I’m tired?’
She still forces down those juices and milkshakes down my throat.


Mom, I tell you…!

Then there are times when she’s going out with dad, and she’ll ask me, ‘Is this okay? What earrings should I wear?’
I mumble, hardly looking up from what I’m doing, ‘Hmm, it’s fine. Wear ‘those’ earrings.’
‘Okay thanks,’ she says and somehow manages to figure out what I meant by ‘those’ earrings…

ME
I called out to mom the other day – “Maa, I can’t find my jacket…’ ‘Oh-ho, wait. I’ll look for them,’ she says back calmly.
“Maa, pick out a dress for me na... I’m running late. Leave it out while I shower…’
Needless to add, when I come out of the bath, I see the perfect outfit ironed and laid out on my bed, matching earrings placed near them, and my favourite heels placed on the floor, just below the dress. ‘A perfect semblance,’ I mutter, get dressed, scream ‘Byee’ and head out…No ‘thank-you’ from my side (I’m running late, remember?), but she does manage to squeeze in a ‘Looking lovely…’
And, I don’t know why, she never says ‘Daughter, I tell you…!’

MIRACLE OF LOVE
While in bed two days ago, I looked at mom sleeping beside me, and I don’t know when I drifted off into dreamland. I’d asked her to sleep in my room that night as I’d undergone a surgery three days back, and just wouldn’t get sleep because of the pain…
But that night, when she lay by my side, sleep came in minutes, and I slept like a log...

In those few minutes before my eyes closed, I thought of all the above things, and couldn’t help but feel grateful and hateful about myself! What would I ever do without her...?
Friends, who I wanted, more than expected, to be by my side weren't there...but Mom made up for it all - she played friend when I needed one, and 'Mom' when I needed her...

She’s a miracle. A miracle of unconditional love …

Mom, I tell you…
is the best thing that’s ever happened to me…


2 comments:

Unknown said...

My eyes are all misty after reading this... wish I could express myself even half as well u doo....!!! being a true cancerian, have a special spot for my mom...seriously....Donno wat we would do without our Moms...???? 3 cheers for all the moms in the world....

Anonymous said...

Yeah Nups this one was really AWESOME.. i think one of the most important and strongest bond we share in life is with our mom.. they are just amazing.. they know what we are thinking at some moment without telling any single word, they know everything about us as anything.. they understand us, and scold us, they teach us and help us.. i also would be lost without Mama.. sometimes her character gets me pissed off but i thank God i have her.. i like seeing positives things on her wich are the most.. after all we have been 9 months inside her.. so no one better than Mom to know what we are and what we need, Cheers to all the Momsssss!!! by da way nups amazin thing but ur mom looks a lil bit like mine..!!! hahaha when she comes india we'll introduce them ok? love yaa !!!