Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fairytales

I was once a little girl with fairytale dreams. Like all little girls, I believed there was a Prince Charming for me. Like all little girls, I believed I’d be someone’s princess, someday. Like all little girls, I believed in ‘Happily Ever After…’

But then I grew up.

Days melted into years, and I wondered if I’d ever find my fairytale. If I’d ever find my Prince Charming. If I’d ever be His princess.

Suitors came and went. In each of them, I’d try to find my story. I’d try to search their eyes for a ‘Happily Ever After’.

There came a time, three years back, when my dreams broke, my heart hurt and I stopped believing …almost.

That’s when my Prince walked into my life.

Birds sang, flowers bloomed… I knew I’d found the right page, the right fairytale.

Like every fairytale, mine experienced the good and the bad, the twists and the turns, the kind and the wicked.

I felt a feeling I’d never remotely come close to feeling before – a feeling of Love. True Love. Real Love. Forever Love.

All love songs seemed to be sung for us, all love quotes seemed to be penned for us. He was my world, and my world was Him.

But then something snapped.

The page tore, the story ended…

The flowers wilted, the birds stopped singing, the sun stopped shining, the rainbow disappeared.

My eyes cried, my heart broke.

I try, everyday, to pick up the pieces of my heart and put them back together.

I try everyday to not look back.

I try everyday to not feel love.

I try everyday to believe that this wasn’t my fairytale.

But, the pain doesn’t go…

Truth is, there are no fairytales. They only exist in dreams.
And if they do exist in this world, then not all of them have happy endings…

The little girl inside has grown up with me. And now, she no longer dreams; she no longer hopes; she no longer believes.


{Listen:}
[Girl in the Mirror]

2 comments:

Sonia Jaisin said...

U said: "The little girl inside has grown up with me. And now, she no longer dreams; she no longer hopes; she no longer believes"

And I say: Never stop growing up.., never stop dreamings, never stop hoping, and never stop beleiveing!! because trusting in good things, beleiveing in god, dreamings and hoping its wat makes life a better place to live!!! and if wats makes up goin on and on.. and finally it compenses!!!!

U are the best, u DESERVE the BEST, and God wants the Best for you, never forget that, and BE HAPPY!!!!!!!

love u lots!

soni

Anonymous said...

all i can say is - u were, u are and u always will be the best ...

those who have not valued you, are fools, let me be as they are, where ever they are, for they them selves will realise their stupidity and when they do, it will be too late ...

your the best and can never be compared to the rest ...