Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2007

Checkin 'em out!

(Another cover story, another piece on my seemingly favourite topic ;) - Men!)


We girls might not gawk and hoot; roll our tongues out and spin our eyes; bajao a shrill seeti or pass some giggly remark, but there’s no denying the fact, that we, in our own devised ways, check out the opposite sex.
That first look, that makes you look again, and again, and again, is what starts the sparks and the love formulas. But, keep the love and mush aside for now. This piece will concentrate on the pure drool factor – hot bods. Hot, as we’re looking at it here, is completely personal. I, for starters, would say “eeiuuu” if a guy were too beefy or burly. A skinny chap, especially when the skinniness is over-emphasised by tight pants and fitted shirts or t-shirts, would get a disapproving nod. A boyfriend or a date with a well-toned body is every girl’s dream. Didn’t we all go ga-ga over Hrithik’s bronzed cuts in Dhoom 2? Aah, sweet remembrances! But, this apart, my ‘hottie’ boy would have a well-cut toned back, and a little chubbiness around the waist. Love handles, I like. Abs are good on screen, coz the all-muscle ones can’t give you bear hugs when you need them!
When I buzzed my girls and asked curiously about what they check out in men, I was amused by how they belted out the finer details. We girls can be really picky! Take for example, Moksha Ruia, who’s well known in the city for the lovely bags she designs. “The physical aspect is as important as the overall personality. He can be flabby but should carry himself well enough to be ‘oh-so-cute’. I like athletic bodies, but the cute, dimpled ones with Punjabi fat top my list!” Punjabi fat? Please explain, Moksha. “Well, he should look the khaata-peeta types!” she laughs, and adds, “The thin guys are just not happening. A guy should look stronger than me!” We hung up after some more girly talk, and I moved on to Target Number 2 - Priya Parkhi, married, 26 and a free-style swimwear designer for Champ Sportswear. “I like the conventionally good looking guys,” she says honestly. “The ideal one would be fit, not necessarily muscular, with an average height of 5’10’’ or 5’11’’, and he has to be fair! Matt Damon is good. He’s all toned up, minus the repulsive, bulging muscles!”
Model Rucha Gawas says in no uncertain terms, “A guy I’ll pick should have flesh on him!” So skinny bones are a no-no for her because, as she says, “I’m not on the skinnier side so I’d look overweight next to a guy who’s thin!” She also rules out the overly muscular ones. We recently spotted her judging a fitness contest in the city, and wonder what she thought of those hunks. “In a contest, the more muscles you have, the better it works for you. But, personally, I’d prefer ‘lean’ to ‘bulky’. Toned bodied guys, who are as strong as they look, and don’t just boast of hollow muscles are more my kind.” We limited her to just boy bods, but she did mention that ‘intelligence’ was high on her list. She likes chubby too as long as it’s not flabby and unfit.
Another girlie in the list - Chanda Patil, partner, Sixth Sense Properties Pvt Ltd, has different notions of her sexy man. She gives us the points on her roll – “I don’t like extra muscles. I don’t like bones either. And, I don’t like fat.” Okay, so what do you like? “The words ‘tall, lean and toned’ work well with me. More than that though, the guy should smell good. A guy who smells good hardly lets you down,” she winks.
21-year-old Ankeeta Jain raises the hotometer standards even more. She says to our delectation, “The guy who’ll make me give a second look should be tall and lean, with very strong forearms, and fleshy thighs. Good thighs in shorts – can’t get better!” She isn’t finished. She gushes, “A good chest is a must. Also, abs aren’t as important as those side cuts that Akshay Kumar has. When the cuts show in low waist jeans, the man is irresistible. That’s a big, big turn on! Nice eyes are important for me. That one look should make me blush.”
Need I add more, I wonder! After all the body essentials garnered here, just one thing remains to be said – Men, whether lean, muscular or chubby, we like you!


Pssst - Girlies, if you wanna add to this, go all out with your comments :)

1 comment:

narenspace said...

Hi Nupur,

JD introd me to ur blog. Interesting topic on the battle b/n sexes. I'd scribbled quiet many articles on women but the one I'm attaching is about what men want.... might interest you.
http://narenspace.blogspot.com/2007/07/what-men-want.html